Experienced Child and Family Professionals
Would you like to play a role in developing joined up relationship health practice as key to improving children's wellbeing?
Train to Support Others on an I Matter Journey
Become An Approved I Matter Practitioner
Help support expanded provision for families looking for help
Thank you for your interest in becoming an I Matter Approved Practitioner.
I Matter Training and Coaching™ offers a carefully constructed curriculum to assist professionals and parents in understanding the foundations of how to strengthen or restore relationship health and social emotional development. We emphasise these overlooked skills as they are key to the mental health and wellbeing of children and adults, especially the most vulnerable. Becoming an i Matter Approved Practitioner requires supervised training and certification for full effectiveness and client safety.
The I Matter Core training programme and the Extended Journey provide professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the I Matter Framework and its applications. I Matter Practitioner Training requires supervised practice in supporting others on an I Matter Journey that brings about impact and results through online study, group learning and integrated consultations.
We have several types of Approved Practitioner Roles:
I Matter Link Professionals: These are professionals such as GPs or Teachers who want to become an approved referrer to the I Matter Clinic
I Matter Facilitators - Facilitators support the Awareness Programme: focus on everyday needs and conversations in mainstream settings
I Matter Lead Professionals - Lead Professionals support the Core Online Programme with a focus on more raised concerns
I Matter Lead Plus Professionals - Lead Plus Professionals have a role in overseeing the use of assessments in an inhouse I Matter team
I Matter Advanced Practitioners - Advanced Practitioners work with complex and escalated situations and support joined up home-school thinkin
The pre-requisites for an application are as follows
Experience of supporting children with challenges and with parents and carers
Graduate degree in a discipline related to working with children (Post graduate advanced experience needed for Advanced Practitioner)
Strong self-awareness and evidence of commitment to your own I Matter Journey that has supported key personal and professional results
The pre-requisite Training requirements to join the Supporting Others pathway are as follows
I Matter Core Steps 1-4 with registration for Step 5
Extended Journey (applications accepted after completion of the Intermediate course)
A supportive organisational context (membership required to deliver inhouse study support services)
PLEASE NOTE: I Matter Practitioner Training is not a Train the Trainer offer. We do not train professionals to deliver the I Matter Training Journey content without the online support and structured tools. The role of I Matter Practitioners is to help others develop an understanding of the I Matter Framework as a strong and clear basis for their own I Matter Journey. Understanding of I Matter Principles are a vital part of good decision making in caring for children and adults, especially when they are struggling.
These conditions are to preserve the integrity and consistency of the learning experience. Participation in I Matter Training can be a powerful complement to a wide range of other options available for professionals and parents.
This experiential training will familiarize participants with a broad spectrum of I Matter™ applications sufficient for comfortable and efficient use with a wide range of clients and situations. Special attention will be given to tailoring the program to fit the individual needs of the client.
The format of the Certification training has been designed to effectively convey all aspects of the program designed by founder Dr Cathy Betoin. All I Matter™ Coaches/Facilitators are individually selected and extensively trained to provide the comprehensive information necessary for effective utilization of I Matter Training™ in agreed settings
All I Matter™ Coaches/Facilitators are extensively trained and have personally restored Relationship Health and progressed with related challenges for a minimum of one year through the I Matter Training™ program. I Matter™ Coaches/Facilitators provide contractual services on I Matter Caoching™ applications exclusively in partnership with the I Matter Training company or member organisations. All I Matter™ Coaches/Facilitators participate in on-going supervision and education.
Other key attributes/skills that we expect include:
Exemplary presentation, listening and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable teaching style; openness to growth, expansion and change; ability to handle controversy with integrity and respect; independent and confident team player
What We Offer:
- Meaningful work that makes a positive difference in people’s lives
- Work from home or remotely
- Professional business reputation
- Brand awareness
- Established stakeholder relationships
- On-going research and development
- Extensive and individualized training
- Professional supervision
- Professional liability insurance
- Quality Assurance
- Ongoing training and education
- Marketing (website, social media, newsletter, radio, print, You Tube, Facebook, Twitter)
- Payment processing
- Client services 5 days per week to answer calls and emails about the program
- Client services 5 days per week to assist with booking assistance
- On-line scheduling system
- Training in software operating systems
- Room for advancement: Step 1 in becoming a Certified DNRS™ Program Instructor
- Professional testimonial: film, edit and promote your personal video testimonial
- Develop personal satellite website: Website design, creation, set up, hosting and affiliate set up
- Avenues for passive income (affiliate earnings)
- Public speaking opportunities to promote DNRS™ awareness
I Matter™ Facilitator/Coach Prerequisites and Training Requirements:
- Personal recovery or Relationship Health experience and related issues through the I Matter™ program
- Completed screening and hiring process conducted by I Matter™ Supervisory team
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission and vision of the I Matter™ program
- Applicable personal or professional training and/or experience in teaching, coaching, or other related field
- Demonstrated communication skills as well as the attributes associated with successfully supporting I Matter™ participants such as but not limited to: full understanding of the I Matter™ program, professional written and verbal communication skills, empathy, compassion, optimism, and integrity
- Familiarity with I Matter™ 20-Hour Core Programme
- Familiarity with the I Matter™ community forum
- A minimum of 3 months of supervised training
- Individual/group teaching and feedback sessions with I Matter™ trainer, supervised group training, mock coaching scenarios, supervised and recorded coaching session
Training Highlights also include:
- How to develop healthy and supportive relationships with I Matter™ clients
- Specialized history-taking supported by the I Matter Assessments to identify Relationship Health Challenges
- Underlying mechanisms of the Three Dynamic Loops™ rehabilitation process
- Physiological overview of how loops affect information processing, sensory perception, immune, endocrine and autonomic nervous system
- How to effectively use the I Matter ™ program for optimal results
- Tailoring the program for specific conditions
- Differentiating the role of I Matter™ coach, vs Life Coaching, Counseling or Therapy
- Developing client resilience
Upon successful completion of the supervised training, contracted coaches are expected to:
- Exclusively provide I Matter™ Rehabilitation process to the company and company clients
- Adhere to all I Matter™ protocols for contract workers
- Participate in ongoing training and feedback with Coaching Supervisor
- Provide a laptop computer
- Offer 12-15 hours of coaching per week on a consistent basis
- Provide long distance calling plan (including international)
- Participate in team meetings and ongoing training sessions
- Engage in professional development opportunities as they arise
- Keep abreast of current research/literature related to limbic system trauma and related illnesses
- Conduct consultations as requested by I Matter™, with medical practitioners seeking information about the I Matter™ program
- Conduct public speaking opportunities as required
- Fulfill all components of contract related to internal systems, reporting and documentation protocols
- Provide timely and ongoing communication with I Matter™ Operations
If you are interested in being considered for a contract position as I Matter™ coach/facilitator, please contact us and watch for postings in our newsletter regarding upcoming training/positions.
If you have not already completed the I Matter™ program, you are welcome to register for the Core Programme to begin your personal I Matter Relationship Health Journey
If you are an education, health care or social care professional, please direct clients/patients to this website and encourage them to complete the I Matter Core Training. If they require additional support with the program, please have them reach out to our certified coaching team, join our global community forum or register for our 12-week support group series.
All I Matter™ course material, including the graphics, exercises and systems, are proprietary and the exclusive property of I Matter Training™. Any use of the course material in any commercial enterprise is a violation of I MatterTraining™’ rights in the same and as such I MatterTraining™ may take action against any person who infringes those rights.