Influences on the I Matter Framework
INFLUENCES ON THE I MATTER FRAMEWORK
The I Matter Framework, developed by Dr Cathy Betoin, clinical psychologist, teacher and parent, offers a practical and easy to understand integration of the work of the many researchers, writers, and practitioners.
The I Matter Framework draws upon a long and wide research base. Here are just a few of the well known researchers and practitioners whose work has informed the I Matter Training programme.
- Dr Mary Ainsworth - Researcher - separation studies
- Dr Mary Sheridan - Researcher and Practitioner - Birth to Five
- Dr John Bowlby - Theorist and researcher on Attachment Theory
- Dr Richard Lazarus and Dr Susan Folkman - Researchers on stress and coping theory
- Dr Stanley Greenspan - Researcher and practitioner - children's developmental needs
- Dr Stephen Gutstein - Researcher and Practitioner in relationship approaches
- Dr. Dan Siegel - Researcher, Author and Director of the Mindsight Institute
- Dr Paul Gilbert - Author, researcher and practitioner on mindfulness and compassion
- Dr Aaron Beck and Dr Albert Ellis - researchers and practitioners in CBT
- Dr Babette Rothschild - The Physiology of Trauma
- Dr Gordon Neufeld - Neufeld Institute
- Dr Dan Hughes - Author and Practitioner Brain Based Parenting
- Dr. Russ Harris - Author of the Happiness Trap
- Dr. Stephen Porges - Pioneer of the Polyvagal Theory
- Dr. Bessel Van Derkolk - Trauma & PTSD Expert
- Dr. Gaber Mate - Additions and Developmental Trauma Expert
- Dr Jon Kabat -Zin Ph.D - Author and researcher on mindfulness
- Dr John Gottman - Researcher and practitioner - couple relationships
There are not enough women on this list! Here are some recommended references
For an initial discussion, please contact us.