About I Matter Training
We are a social enterprise with a social impact mission!
About Us and Our Social Impact Mission
+ mental health,
+ physical health and
+ safer communities
Since COVID-19 we have developed some ways of sharing I Matter thinking more widely that you we hope you will find interesting and helpful!
We aim to provide practical psycho-education and support for professionals and parents and complex children - that makes a difference to the number of healthy adult-child relationships and the amount of healthy empathy and care in the world. Since 2011 the core aspirations driving this project has been:
'The professional or parent who is looking for help to support a child who is struggling with relationships, can access it in timely fashion in supportive partnership with their child's school and community'.
'Schools are delivering a developmentally sensitive national curriculum in partnership with parents that prioritises social emotional development and empathy and care development not just literacy and numeracy'
To achieve this end, our aims are to:
1. Improve professional understanding of the key role of relationships and social-developmental in children's brain development
2. Support schools and services in developing the capacity to provide affordable impactful parent education and support that strengthens healthy relationships and empathic understanding of self and other
3. To build a community focused approach that supports parents and carers in developing healthier happier relationships over the longer-term
We aim to connect with people and help transform relationship confidence
AS OF JANUARY 2020 OUR FIVE YEAR PLAN 2020-2025 HAS THE FOLLOWING THREE KEY OBJECTIVES:
1. To build on our social enterprise mission and become financially self-sustaining and effectively run built on a community engagement model
2. Delivery of a rolling program of I Matter CPD accredited training for professionals in the Kendal- Morecambe Bay area to help strengthen the Kendal hub and prepare for supporting others
3. To improve the care of children, especially those with social emotional challenges, through impacting the quality of local School-Home thinking, EHCP planning, Adoption Support Plans and Looked After Child planning
OUR MANTRA THIS YEAR IS THINK GLOBAL - ACT LOCAL - SHOWCASE NEW THINKING
Since June 2020 and under the influence of COVID-19 we are now sharing I Matter thinking through the
vehicle of the I Matter Challenge and I Matter Award Schemes
Dr Cathy Betoin
Dr Cathy Betoin Director of the I Matter Project is a practising clinical psychologist, an experienced teacher and a parent.
After nearly 30 years of practice with children and adults with complex social emotional needs, Cathy is committed to finding ways to provide psycho-education and meaningful support to professionals and parents-carers, so that understanding increases between home and school and community.
THE KENDAL INTEGRATED CARE COMMUNITY
The home of the I Matter Framework and the linked training programme is located with the network of the Kendal Integrated Care Community a network of agencies and organisations that are working together to help Kendal and beyond support a happier healthier community for people of all ages.