Steps 3-5: I Matter Theory to Practice
Take Stock, Connect and Take Charge, Build Routines
Steps 3-5: I Matter Theory to Practice Course
The I Matter Theory to Practice Course is intended for professionals and parents-carers who want to progress with putting theory into practice with an I Matter Relationship Health Approach. Participants must have completed the Step 1-2 course.
The course explores the role of the adult in a leadership role in work and home roles especially with regard to supporting the social emotional development of children and young people.
Step 3: Take Stock
Step 4: Connect and Take Charge, Build Routines
Step 5: Fine Tuning: Introducing the I Matter Wheel
Time commitment: 18 hrs online study
Core Study Support: 6 x fortnightly Q&A with Cathy
Dates: Tues evening 8-9pm Week 2 & 4 start anytime.
Extras: Option for extra small group study support and 1:1 consultations subject to availability
PLEASE NOTE: The resources offered through the Five Steps learning journey are protected for personal development purposes and are not for copying, distributing or use in professional roles. The focus is on developing your own insight and confidence in everyday situations. Those interested in training to be a practitioner can progress to practitioner training.
The Modules covered in the Step 3-5 Course include:
- The Take Stock Process The Big Picture quick checks assessment and small details assessment process
- The five priorities in relationship health practice
- The communication styles of authoritative leaders
- Helping children with their feelings
- The small steps confidence building process
- An introduction to the I Matter Wheel
Learning Outcomes: At the end of Five Steps you will be able to:
- Know how to complete an I Matter Informed needs assessment
- Know how to design a plan for change
- Know how to use everyday situations to build key skills
- Know how to use everyday interactions to build inner resources
- Know how to help yourself and a child with a specific challenge
- Be able to explain the premises of your own approach