Parents-Carers: Learn an I Matter Approach to Child and Adult Wellbeing
All successful journeys start with noticing new details that have been overlooked
An I Matter Learning Journey can support parents-carers and couples with a range of different needs
ADULT-CHILD AND ADULT-ADULT RELATIONSHIPS
WORK WITH OTHERS TO ACT EARLY TO ADDRESS DIFFICULTIES
EQUIP YOURSELF WITH STRONG FOUNDATIONS FOR
A RECOVERY JOURNEY
PREPARE WELL TO CARE FOR A NEW BABY WITH INSIGHT & ESSENTIAL SKILLS
PREPARE WELL TO
FOSTER OR ADOPT
A CHILD WITH KEY INSIGHT AND SKILLS
There is some good news and some bad news for parents-carers
The good news: an understanding of Relationship Health and of an I Matter Approach is really interesting and helpful!
The bad news: we provide services for parents and carers only via member schools and services. You must be able to name a link professional.
The good news: please talk with professionals in your community, show them the book and the network!
If you really want something quick - try the Essentials - because we want to be helpful - then remember to talk to others!
We would love to see some more community hubs working together with parents-carers
Relationship Health is an idea that has been overlooked. Talking about these issues has often felt difficult and uncomfortable. However, Learning about a Relationship Health Approach to improving Child and Adult Wellbeing becomes much easier and more interesting with the help of an I Matter Five Steps Learning Journey. This learning can be progressed through workshops or online learning.
The GETTING STARTED WORKSHOPS INCLUDE
- Registration via an organisation member
- Taking part in a small group
- Watching short videos that teach the ideas
- Discussing your learning with your group
- Putting your ideas into practice
- Sharing your Nuggets and GEMS
FIVE STEPS LEARNING OPTIONS INCLUDE
- Registration via an organisation member or via this site
- Selecting your focus relationship or situation
- Completing a preparation step
- Completing an indepth registration
- Working through the online course steps
- Option to join study groups, Q&A and course forum