A lot has happened in the last half term!
* We have developed a really strong partnership with the Centre for Adoption Support (CFAS) and are currently working together to train 15 of their staff members in the core I Matter Framework as a foundation for their practices. Staff have attended an introductory workshop and are now working through the Level 1 Foundation Online Course. We have a Level 1 consolidation day coming up on 25th November 2015.
* I am thoroughly enjoying my office base at Ghyllside School In Kendal and have recently started working with Vicki Boggon an ex-headteacher who feels as passionately as I do about the need to support schools and get these ideas out to a wider audience.
* We ran a successful conference on the 8th October 2015, triggered by the Future in Mind NHS document which is informing local planing decisions.
* We have been puzzling and puzzling about how to design a business model that can help keep us financially afloat AND deliver content to professionals and parents in a fashion that can help deliver meaningful results. We know the resources are good but the systems we are working into are under so much pressure that it is not at all inevitable that results will be seen just because a school or service or family takes part in a course. As a social enterprise, we know that selling into this system just in order to sell is not what we are about.
* We have puzzled about the process of sustainability and building capacity and about how to provide clear guidance about the steps that must be followed and provide the long-term support that we know is needed to achieve results. We have concluded that the internet is our friend and that via it we can get resources to people who are commonly very hard to reach. We have also concluded however that as the I Matter Project posters create so much impact, we want to see them out on classroom walls and clinics even if those services have not yet got a full understanding of what it is all about.
* We have built some simple pathways for schools and services, professionals, and parents. We are working on the pathway and resources for young people. We want to build a network of organisations committed to strategic actions to develop parent understanding and competence. We have been trialling our School Service Audit tool, which forms the foundations of the I Matter Quality Mark
We are ambitious but we are aware that the mountain we want to climb is really really huge!
Watch this space!
" If I had understood these ideas before I could have been a lot more effective. In previous jobs I have usually been left to get on with it. Now I have a framework that helps me know what I am doing and why in my work with complex young people and their families" Jenny, Family support worker